This exhibit features rare and unique gems, mineral specimens, fossils and handcrafted jewelry by professional and non-professional jewelers. San Diego County is home to many collectors and enthusiasts who share their collections, which include museum-quality and unique specimens.
2020 Exhibit Highlights:
• Fluorescent mineral room
• Gem faceting, jewelry making, rock carving and sphere making demonstrations
• Free Gem I.D. (provided by the Gemological Society of San Diego on weekends)
• Daily docent tours
New in 2020:
• Fair Theme Jewelry: Heroes Unite, Celebrate Superheroes.
• Mineral of the Year: Copper Minerals
• Fossil of the Year: Distinctly Extinct
• Faceted Gem of the Year: Tourmaline