This exhibit features rare and unique gems, mineral specimens, fossils and handcrafted jewelry by professional and non-professional jewelers. San Diego County is home to many collectors and enthusiasts who share their collections, which include museum-quality and unique specimens.
• Fluorescent mineral room
• Gem faceting, jewelry making, rock carving and sphere making demonstrations
• Free Gem I.D. (provided by the Gemological Society of San Diego on weekends)
• Daily docent tours
• Mineral of the Year: Fluorite
• New Jewelry Categories: Air Chasing Jewelry and “How Sweet It Is” Fair Theme
• Fossil of the Year: Fossil Fruits, Leaves and Cones
If you are interested in the entry requirements, please see the Gems, Minerals & Jewelry competition page.