Gems & Minerals Show
This exhibit features rare and unique gems, mineral specimens, fossils and handcrafted jewelry by professional and non-professional jewelers. San Diego County is home to many collectors and enthusiasts who share their collections, which include museum-quality and unique specimens.
2019 Exhibit Highlights:
• Fluorescent mineral room
• Gem faceting, jewelry making, rock carving and sphere making demonstrations
• Free Gem I.D. (provided by the Gemological Society of San Diego on weekends)
• Daily docent tours
• Mineral of the Year: Birthstone Minerals
• New Categories: Beginner Gemstone Carving, Fair Theme Jewelry: Wonderful World Of Oz, Trace Fossil (fossil of a footprint or other “trace” of an animal)
• Fossil of the Year: Ammonites.
If you are interested in the entry requirements, please see the Gems, Minerals & Jewelry competition page.