Travel through California and San Diego’s agricultural roots, an adventure through yesterday, today and into tomorrow. If you don’t think agriculture affects you, think about where your food and fiber come from. Each day, our lives intersect with farming. This exhibit will teach you about that past, and the modern-day farmer, who has made it possible for 98 percent of the population to seek careers in other fields.
- Daily Stage Presentations
- Start your journey at one of California’s historic missions
- Milk a cow, saddle up, rope a steer, make rope and more!
- Visit the Petting Farm
- See machines once used in the Industrial Revolution
- Test your knowledge about the number-one farming state in the nation, California
- Learn about backyard chicken farming
- See modern-day farming equipment
- Kids may shop for California commodities in the Albertsons|Vons Kids Market
- Eat a bug and learn how bugs are a sustainable protein source for the future
- Learn about Community Supported Agriculture Programs and your local Certified Farmers Markets
- Walk through a yurt with sustainable fibers
- Explore the Farm-Scraper and hydroponics display
- Shop for local, ag-themed merchandise, food, oils, soaps and more